Some weeks I don’t know what to write. For my topics, I observe the every day human condition, read new books, give updates on my writing or try to make some personal self-discovery. Often I either draw a blank or I have too many ideas but no idea of where to take them.
Today is a day of the Random.
Things that REALLY annoy me:
- Slow draining showers. Standing in slightly soapy, tepid water…gross.
- The expression “I don’t disagree”. I hear this all the time in meetings. I guess it’s the passive aggressive way of telling someone ‘I hate you but you’re idea is valid’. In West Virginia public schools, I was taught that was a double-negative.
- Throwing out spoiled food. I’m usually annoyed with myself if I have to throw out food. Just feels wasteful.
- People who are late. If I was a fair person I would only be annoyed by the fact someone is late. But I’m not. If you are late, I hate you (just a little bit) at that moment.
- The alarm clock. Necessary evil but still evil.
Things that make me Absurdly happy:
- Morning Coffee…self-explanatory.
- Kid Toothbrushes with the little suction cup on the bottom. I confess to owning an Angry Birds toothbrush. The suction cup is neat…and handy. I can stick my toothbrush anywhere on the counter and its stays put.
- Sunday evening TV shows. The husband and I have a ritual of watching one or two hit shows – TrueBlood, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Shameless- (usually with a snack or adult beverage ). The shows change out with the season but taking a little time to relax and enjoy the very last of the weekend make me dread Monday a little less.
- Surprise presents. They mean more than requisite holiday/birthday gifts. Nothing fancy or expensive but personal.
- Dachshunds I have two very spoiled little beasts: Oscar (short for Oscar Mayer Weiner) and Dobby (like the house elf in Harry Potter).